Music while writing...

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I used to listen to music a lot while writing, but for some reason on my second round of revisions I didn't listen to one note. I am still a bit puzzled about why but I felt the words flowed faster without the music. When I wrote the first draft I *needed* music or else nothing came out. It's so crazy how my brain works!

But the other day, like a sign from *whoever you believe in* fell on me like a pile of bricks. I found the perfect song that is the epitome of one of my characters. I love my Bruno Mars Radio on Pandora and when this song came on I got chills (like I do sometimes while writing this character). The Other Side is that song. It's haunting and beautiful and I can't stop listening to it! You can check it out by clicking the link here ~~> The Other Side (feat. CeeLo Green and B.o.B) - Doo-Wops & Hooligans

Do you listen to music while writing? What kind? Do you listen to music based on a character or a setting or an inspiration? Sound off in the comments!

In other news I found this amazing page today, here is a sneak peek:

tumblr_mlr79mB6Tz1sofr8co1_500

Yeah you know you want to see the Top 15 Cutest Kitten Gifs.

2 comments:

  1. I love the sorts of epic battle music from Final Fantasy for a lot of my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like some serious writing there! Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete