Finishing a Trilogy & Updates

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Has anyone else had a case of "where the frig did 2013 go?"
tumblr_lefsw3JOBX1qf8yek


This year has FLEW by and so many great things have happened for me in my new adventure of becoming an author!


Just this winter I signed my contract with Carina UK and now that Soul Possessed is going through edits, I am starting to work on the last book. (I won't reveal the title just yet because it hints at the ending of Soul Possessed) It's strange to think about the last book when I don't even have a cover for the second. I haven't lived under a rock my whole life but experiencing the publication lag from a writers point of view is a lot different. And since I'm digital-first, this lag isn't a year or more like most traditional contracts, but it's still strange!


Back to Book Three. I'm thinking I need a clever place-holder for it...
When I set out to write Maggie's story I knew what her ending was. And other than some divine intervention of epic awesomesauceness going in a different direction, she is going to get that ending. Now I have to get her there. Soul Possessed ended on a bit of a cliffhanger (sorry folks! I'm hoping to release Book Three early next year so *hopefully* you won't have to wait too long to be satisfied!) and Book Three will pick up right after that and tumble down down down from there. In June, this ending seemed so far away and now it's right here, staring me in the face...

tumblr_inline_mnvlepnbVY1qz4rgp(off topic: PLL summer finale this week! eep!)


Maggie took me on her incredible journey and this is the last one (unless you all want more..?). Just thinking about it, I know it will be the hardest book to write of all three, but I am so thrilled and I hope you will stick around to experience her final journey in this trilogy.

And I just realized that I will be writing Book Three while doing edits for Soul Possessed which is nutters to think about. September will be crazy/amazing because of this and I will also be doing my first "author event" at the BigE in West Springfield, MA. If you know me, you know I never miss a BigE. It's just amazing. I'll be stuffing my face on the 26th and promoting Soul Taken on the 27th in the Connecticut Building. If you are in the area, I'd love to meet you! Just shout out to me on Twitter/Facebook (links to the right) and we can arrange.

October will be crunch time for the first "draft" of Book Three, while releasing Soul Possessed (actual date TBA). I have to start thinking of schedules for blog tours and this time around I'm going to do an local launch party which should be fun.

So that's about it for updates. I do check in on Twitter & Facebook daily so if you don't see me for a while here you'll know where to find me!

Also, my first newsletter will be releasing on the 30th. If you sign up before the 29th you will be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card. I will be including an exclusive first look at Soul Possessed among other fun things. Sign up here!

Toodles for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment