Blog Tour: Straight to Hell by Michelle Scott

Sunday, November 10, 2013


Today I am hosting Michelle Scott, fellow Carina UK author, for her blog tour. Check out more about Michelle and her book, Straight to Hell.
Although most of the time I’m extremely glad to not have Lilith Straight’s life (I mean, who would want to work for the Devil?), there are a few things about her new succubus status that I envy.  One is being able to eat whatever you want without putting on any weight.  If I had that power, I’d make a beeline to the Ben & Jerry’s section of my grocery store!  The other power that appeals to me is being able to travel from one place to another without driving, flying, or taking a bus to get there.

The words ‘mother’ and ‘chauffer’ might as well be synonyms.  After all, driving is 90% of my job.  (The other ten percent would be coaxing kids to do their chores.)  I’ve gotten so comfortable in my car that it’s like a second living room, only better since it has cup holders.  But as much as I like the comfortable seating and stereo, driving my kids around results in a lot of wasted time.  If I could scrape all that time into one pile and use it at home, no doubt I would have written double the number of books I already have.  Either that, or I would have a lot more free time to watch my favorite, reality TV shows.

Lilith, however, can travel from one end of the world to the other in a blink of an eye.  When she doesn’t want to go to the local mall, for example, she can use the otherworld to travel to Rodeo Drive in California where the stores are better and the weather warmer.  Heck, she could travel right into the store and skip walking outside altogether!  She never has to battle traffic, drive in the snow, or circle the parking lot looking for an empty spot because some jerk has parked his massive SUV crosswise over two spaces.

True, there are a lot of drawbacks to being one of Hell’s minions.  Being on call 24/7 would be a drag.  So would the constant threat of being dragged off to the torture chambers.  But traveling at the speed of light from one place to another?  That would be like having a VIP parking pass for the best spot in town.



Michelle Scott received her MFA from Wayne State University.  Her stories have appeared in such places as “Tales of the Unanticipated”, “All Possible Worlds” and “Realms”.  Straight to Hell, the first book in her Lilith Straight urban fantasy series, will be released from Carina UK on Oct. 24.  Michelle lives in southeast Michigan with her husband and three children.

To keep up with Lilith and the other members of the Straight to Hell cast, visit Michelle’s blog, Urban Fae





Straight to Hell
, the first book in the Lilith Straight series, is available at Amazon and Amazon UK.


1 comment: