Blog Hop: My Writing Process

Monday, March 3, 2014

Thank you to Aurelia B. Rowl for nominating me to take part in the 'My Writing Process' blog tour. You can check out her post from last Monday, here! And check out the rest of the posts using #mywritingprocess tag on Twitter.

Okay, onto the questions!

1) What am I working on?

I am currently working on a stand-alone New Adult contemporary romance. It doesn't have a title yet but it takes place at a summer camp. Aren't summers always filled with romance?

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?


I might have to refer to my recently completed trilogy, The Life After, for this question. As I love the paranormal genre, I think my books are a bit different because they encompass more than just the paranormal. I love a bit of romance, suspense, and adventure which might lead into it being "different" than others in my genre.

3) Why do I write what I do?

I love to write anything that sparks my imagination. As to why: it makes me excited to live through my characters and experience new settings and adventures. I do hope that people enjoy my writing, but it's always important for me to enjoy it first.

4) How does my writing process work?

I usually start off a new story with a premise, even just a "what if" question. Next I will develop the characters (I love Pinterest for creating visual boards). I haven't nailed down a template for outlining but I usually write a rough outline of the story, usually a few pages noting all of the important turning points and climax. I will work on that for a bit before writing anything close to the story.

Since becoming published, I've been pretty good at just writing an outline and submitting to my editor. That way I get feedback before I start writing which saves me from writing words that might just end up bring deleted if the story isn't flowing right.

My first drafts are pretty skinny, I get the skeleton of the story down then I go back and fill the gaps in with setting and deeper emotion for the characters. After that I submit and anxiously await revisions from my editor!

That's about it for my process. Now I'm going to pass it on to three more writers. Be sure to check out their blogs next Monday for their posts!


Natasha Hardy began writing when the adventure of her life had turned dark and gloomy, as all adventures must at some point. It was in the depths of the winter of her adventure that she found a way, through writing, to escape into the sun.

Like most escapes it turned into an adventure all of its own, where characters have their own problems to solve, albeit far more complex problems involving mythical creatures that aren’t meant to exist, and expect far more than they reasonably should.

Her escapes, for there are many still to come, are sparked by the adventures she has had in the wildly beautiful South African bush, seasoned with the true stories of the explorers who make up her ancestry, and woven through with the intrigue, and sometimes sheer madness, of living in Africa.

She now spends most of her time-happily- in a world of words, and the rest trying to keep up with her part time rock star, full time Comrades running husband and their two gorgeously mischievous little boys.
WEBSITE


Anabelle Bryant began reading at age three and never stopped. Her passion for reading soon turned into a passion for writing and an author was born. Happy to grab her suitcase if it ensures a new adventure, Anabelle finds endless inspiration in travel; especially imaginary jaunts into romantic Regency England, a far cry from her home in New Jersey. Instead, her clever characters live out her daydreams because really, who wouldn’t want to dance with a handsome duke or kiss a wicked earl?

Though teaching keeps her grounded, photography, running, and writing, counterbalance her wanderlust. Often found with her nose in a book, Anabelle has earned her Master’s Degree and is pursuing her Doctorate Degree in education. She proudly owns her addiction to French fries and stationery supplies, as well as her frightening ineptitude with technology. A firm believer in romance, Anabelle knows sometimes life doesn’t provide a happily ever after, but her novels always do. WEBSITE

Born and raised in Brooklyn NY, Vincent Morrone now resides in Upstate NY with his wife. (Although he can still speak fluent Brooklynese.) His twin daughters remain not only his biggest fans, but usually are the first to read all of his work. Their home is run and operated for the comfort and convenience of their dogs.

Vincent has been writing fiction, poetry and song lyrics for as long as he can remember, most of which involve magical misfits, paranormal prodigies and even on occasion superheroes and their sidekicks. WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment