Guest Author Showcase: Amelia Thorne

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Today's Guest Author Showcase features Carina author Amelia Thorne. Welcome, Amelia, and thanks for joining me today!

~*~

Please tell me about yourself and your book(s).

Beneath the Moon and the Stars was my first book about a secret chainsaw artist, a reclusive film star, a village hell bent on revenge and a beautiful love story. Tied Up With Love is about a a company owned by the sexy as hell Ethan Chase that provides a kidnapping service to couples who want to spice up their sex life, its about Izzy who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time but finds out that wrong place is exactly where she's meant to be. About me? I'm a bit of a mystery, I may have a not so secret identity

What are some things that have surprised you as an author?

How many people are willing to help me; bookbloggers, readers, authors or just people on Twitter. People want to help with a promotion, a cover reveal, sending tweets, doing reviews, answering my questions or just sending messages of support. People say its silly to make friends with people you meet online, that they aren't real friends, but the people I've met on Twitter are just wonderful, kind, enthusiastic people.

What books and/or authors would you say have been your biggest influence?


I love Jill Mansell, I've enjoyed her books for years, It was reading her books that inspired me as a writer, I wanted to write stories like her with gorgeous characters, feel good stories and happy endings

What genre would you like to write for that you’ve not tried yet?

Sci fi, something set in the future maybe or another world or lifetime because the possibilities are endless

If you could have written any bestselling book today, which would it be?

Harry Potter, definitely. JK created this magical world of spells and wonderful castles, magical streets and fantastical creatures. It was an incredible series and long after JK has gone her books will live on.

Do you plan your books out from start to finish in advance or do you let the story and characters take you where it will?

I don't do any planning and I suppose I really should. I know author friends that have character boards and interviews, post it notes and flow diagrams, i know authors who plan out each chapter before they even put pen to paper and I don't do any of that. I'm not saying their way is wrong, we all work very differently. Sometimes i will get the idea for a conversation or one scene and ideas will grow from that as I start writing. The story I'm writing at the moment I have no idea what will happen at the end, I know a lot of the twists and turns but not the final destination. I'm sure it will come to me at some point, so I'm not too worried, I'll just enjoy the journey.

Where do you get the inspiration for your characters and books?

Films, music, TV programmes, books, an overheard conversation in a restaurant, chance encounters, something quirky that happened that day, something funny that happened to me or my friends, I'm inspired by everything around me. Sometimes its one line in a film or book that gives me an idea, sometimes its the setting. It only takes a tiny seed to grow into something wonderful.

Music or no music when writing?

Tricky, music is good, but radio with adverts and talking is a huge distraction, I normally opt for silence.

Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?

Physical books definitely but ebooks are so easier, i go on the train or on holiday and with my ereader i can take a hundred books with me. When i hear about a new book that I want to read, i can download it straight away, not have to go down the shops and buy it. I haven't bought a physical book for a long time.

What are your thoughts on the current trend of making books into movies?

I think its a great idea, there are so many books I've read that I've thought would make incredible movies and its wonderful to see your favourite books immortalised. The films are never as good as the books but I still mostly love them. Plus it gets people reading more books, a film becomes a big hit people want to read the book that inspired it. Anything that inspires reading is a good thing

Favorite genre that you like to read?

I love chicklit, rose tinted, beautiful love stories, with big belly laughs and a happy ending. I could read those kind of stories all day long.

About Tied Up With Love:


‘We’re from KMW. Do exactly as you’re told and you won’t get hurt...'

Being grabbed off the street, blind folded, tied up and thrown into a van was not what Izzy expected to happen when she stepped out the door that morning. But when an accidental kidnapping at the hands of the sexy Ethan Chase and his 'Kidnap My Wife' sexual fantasy business leads to just that, Izzy seizes the chance to turn her misfortune into a brilliant new job opportunity…

Since then, life has been one big tangle of new client meetings, fake kidnapping pick-ups, and handling the temperamental, but drop dead gorgeous 'bad boy' Mr Chase. But, as liberating as being tied up in Ethan's life is, Izzy knows the time is fast approaching when she must make some decisions and take charge of her future. The only question is: will Ethan allow himself to be a part of it?






About the Author:


International woman of mystery. Owns a goat and rides a penny farthing. May have a
secret identity. Some of the above may not be true.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment