'As You Lay Sleeping' Casting

Thursday, February 9, 2017

I am a very visual person, which is the reason I think I won’t ever be able to be a panster and also why I always ‘cast’ my main characters before writing a novel. Sometimes I spent way too much time staring at a photograph of my inspiration and imagine my characters moving through each scene like a movie in my mind.

For my main viewpoint character, Cara, I chose Emily Browning. This photo re-imagines a specific scene in the book (which I’m not going to spoil!) but it was the perfect jumping off point to exploring Cara.



Cara’s little sister, Madison, surprised me from the start. I sort of wanted an annoying little brat to oppose Cara, but Madison turned into one of my favorite characters. Her sweetness shone through and I hope you find her as adorable as I do!


Detective Devereaux was one of the first characters that came fully formed in my mind. Right from the start, I imagined Jesse Williams. I’m not sure if it’s because I have a major celeb crush on him or if it was this photo I found. Devereaux is an attractive man, but he’s very serious about his job which Cara experiences more than once.



* * * * *


Release date: February 22, 2017
Publisher: HQDigital
Genre: Young Adult Thriller

SYNOPSIS

I did it all for you…

Cara’s boyfriend is dead.

When fingers start pointing at her, she knows she’s in more trouble than she originally thought. Because Cara can see that something isn’t right.

As her carefully constructed life begins to crumble, Cara isn’t sure who she is anymore.

But maybe that’s exactly what someone wants her to think…

Pre-Order:  Kindle |iBooks Nook |KoboGoogle Play 

No comments:

Post a Comment